IN a press release by Numark maker Inmusic, Rane Corporation announced that cofounders Linda Arink and Dennis Bohn have agreed to sell Rane Corporation to InMusic LLC. The transaction is set to be completed this summer. After the sale Ms. Arink and Mr. Bohn plan to step down and retire as reported by DJ Worx.
Rane is one of the most admired companies within the DJ and commercial sound industry. “Rane will continue some operations out of the Mukilteo, Washington headquarters,” says Ms. Arink.
Ms. Arink feels that with the added resources, engineering talent, and additional IP, InMusic is an ideal buyer for Rane Corporation and will help it grow now and in the future. ”
And here’s what we have got from sources:
• The owners of Rane were looking for a buyer, and inMusic clearly made the most attractive offer.
• The majority of the 60+ workforce will be “permanently displaced” at the end of July.
• Some engineers will remain (from the HAL/install side) in Seattle.
• The DJ side of Rane will be absorbed into the Numark/Denon team at inMusic HQ
• Manufacturing will be moved to inMusic’s contractors in the far east.
See what worldwide deejays are saying here
©thebrandradio 2016. All rights reserved.