PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Ahead of the Nigerian 2015 presidential elections the Nigerian police force and other security agencies have planned a security and safety exercise tagged “SHOW OF FORCE” .
The exercise is being carried out as part of efforts to ensure maximum security before, during and after the forthcoming general elections.
These are worthy to note:
1. As at today, the Nigeria Police Force and other relevant security agencies have been put on high alert and they are expected to conduct periodic and random searches on people, vehicles and various hotspots. Thus, we are therefore advised to cooperate with them during this period; do not abuse security agents, obstruct their work, or resist them unnecessarily to avoid unfortunate repercussions. We have been informed that the ‘Show of Force’ exercise also authorizes a Shoot-at-Sight order, if necessary.
2. There will be restricted movement of people in the hours leading to, and during the March 28th Presidential elections, and the April 11th Gubernatorial elections. Thus, we are advised to observe and comply with these directives for our personal safety.
3. We are advised to adequately stock our homes with required food items during the election period, in case of emergencies, imposed curfews or other measures that may arise after the elections.
4. If you are registered to vote and have your Permanent Voters Card, you are advised to go early to the Polling Centers, get accredited, cast your votes and leave the vicinity immediately for your homes to await the results.
5. Please do not cluster around polling centers, and stay away from groups and groups of people, no matter the discussion or incident that may have brought them together.
6. Begin now to gather information about your environment, and feel the pulse around your intended voting center. Study your polling unit, and if it’s packed with miscreants, thugs and unknown faces, steer clear; remember that your life matters more than the vote.
7. Dress responsibly and avoid wearing any political attire, party logos etc. to prevent mistaken identity and possible victimization. Please remember that no campaign is allowed during elections. Avoid wearing politically branded T shirts, caps or bearing handbills, posters, pamphlets and banners of candidates. This can pose a risk.
8. Avoid joining in on inciting discussions at the voting center which may be capable of fanning the embers of political discord amongst the political parties and their agents.
9. Stay away from parked cars and abandoned packages, luggage etc.
10. Do not buy drinks, snacks, etc. around polling centers, nor should you share/receive consumables or gifts from anyone at the polling centers. If you sense danger or suspect any foul play, report to the approved Security Agents. Don’t take the law into your own hands!
11. Avoid taking your vehicle, kids or expensive jewelries and other personal belongings to the polling centers.
12. As part of security arrangements, church halls should be vacated after every church service within 1 hour. Brethren should not be allowed to hang or cluster around the church hall or entrances after services or programs.
13. Vehicles should not be allowed to park close to the entrances of the church facilities for pick up or drop off.
You are encouraged to be extra-vigilant and law-abiding during this period.
Further information will be provided as the elections draw near.
Take this information very seriously.
Pass to every member of your family and friends you truly care about.
edited and posted by: @djshyluckjimmy